Monday 20 August 2012

Sunny Sunday

The background of this card has been painted in three different
layers: first a layer with orange paint, then a layer of crackle glaze
and finally a layer of light blue paint. (It's important to let the
different layers dry if you want to get a crackle effect.)

For the outer frame I've used blue paper which I've covered with
orange
lace from an old dress I used to wear.
The scallops have 
been cut out by hand. I usually create my scalloped edges, by 
using a glue stick, pencil and a pair of small scissors. I put the 
cap of the glue stick on a paper and move my pencil around the 
cap and draw a half circle. Then I create my next half circle 
beside the previous half circle, and repeat the process until I have 
enough of half circles in a row. Finally I cut the paper, by 
following the points of the half circles.

The origami pieces are upcycled from an old map.
You can find a tutorial for the origami jumper here
and the
origami hat here.


I have found the Hello Sunshine-image here.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Upcycle/recycle

Color Inspiration #150

PDC145

Challenge #97 Add some Lace

Travel
#201 Summer


22 comments:

  1. Such a SWEET card! thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you! I loved participating in the challenge with you all.

      Delete
  2. The origami hat and dress are so cool! What great textures. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocelyn, thank you! Origami is fun. :) Your challenge is cool!

      Delete
  3. love the way you used the map!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich liebte die Herausforderung bei EAC. Sonnige Grüße! (Ich habe Deutsch für 5 Jahre gelernt, aber Ich habe viel vergessen. :/)

      Delete
  5. Girrrrl FRIEND! Your use of electrifying color is GORGEOUS! Great job! So delighted you shared your talent with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise, thank youuu! :) I’m glad you liked what I created. Sunny greetings from Wiola

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Well done sister! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You certainly put a lot of love into this beauty! So many pretty elements to look at! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, aren’t you kind ;) thank you for your kind words! It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  8. This is so clever! I love the little dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizbeth! I hope Suki will return to you soon.

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. :) Thank you for commenting!