Tuesday 28 June 2011

Recycling can be fun :)

Is this the future way of knitting? By reusing plastic bags?

Well, I decided to try it. I'm not sure if I like the result. However knitting with plastic was quite fun. Basically I cut out 1 cm wide pieces from plastic bags. The length of the pieces varied. The length is unimportant since it's easy to knot the different pieces of plastic together (place the knots on the reverse side).

It would be cool to knit a durable bag out of plastic bags, with a lot of different colours. For now I have knitted a simple little bracelet.

Edit. I have continued with some plarn knitting. I haven't knitted a bag, but a hairband. In this particular hairband you can find plastic from cookie packets, tissue packets, cotton balls bags and plastic bags.




                                                    










4 comments:

  1. yepp a bag would look really hip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think so :) It was too much work though, so I made a hairband instead. I will post a photo of it here later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of it. Hadn't considered it before as a knitting possibility.. :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! When life gives you plastic bags, make plarn (yarn from plastic bags)! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. :) Thank you for commenting!