It's time for the second challenge at The East Wind.
- The theme is: "Use a digi".
- Deadline: March 1st Midnight EST ~ March 10th 11:55PM EST
- Only new creations. No backlinking.
- As much as we love to see TheEastWind images used, any other images are also welcome! But to make it extra special for using a TheEastWind image, you can enter twice. So one entry with your post and the next one with your blog itself so we have you twice for the random draw.
- You can enter 3 times if you are not using TheEastWind image but if you are using one you can enter as many times as you want.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The favorites will be picked by each designer! Winner+Designers picks will be announced on 13th (6am EST) March on the East Wind blog.
Big Thanks to Prize Sponsor Etchythings
*Winner will get 'Lucy Loo Spirit of Rose' Rubber Stamp by Etchythings + 3 digital stamps.
*Each Designer's favorites: 1 digi + 30% coupon code (30 days)
Here's my card for the challenge. I have used the monthly Aurora freebie. Sign up for the news-letter at the East Wind and get your freebie too.
I have made the background out of some newspaper sheets (and not ordinary paper) which I have painted with purple, silver, golden and white acrylic paint. I have done so before (here for example) and I like the result. The difference between painting on ordinary paper sheet and newspaper sheets is mostly the power of absorption. I also think you can get some really interesting and unique patterns by painting on cut-outs of newspaper/magazines, for example like the bigger circle to the right. Here's another example.
The crumbled golden circle comes from the sealing of a wine bottle. Hehe.
The yellow and floral border comes from this 24 sheets multipurpose vintage paper deco stickers set.
Ps. I have submitted this card to the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge: Spring is coming (although it's snowing in Sweden :( )